Thursday, October 15, 2009

thoughts on grace period

well, I randomly decided to post my degree project, and I did it. It was a much more intense experience then I thought it would be. I got to slowly re- evaluate the whole thing, and to be honest I'm not sure I like it. I guess it's just me growing, or something. I like that I accomplished finishing a "graphic story", but I'm really not that impressed with this one, it just seems a little melodramatic and overly depressing. Granted, I was in a pretty rough period of my life when I wrote it. It's just really RAW, I guess.

It was and still is a huge learning experience for me, which was the point, but ultimately I feel I've grown a lot as an artist since I did Grace Period, and that is a good thing. Hopefully soon I'll start posting a new comic on this blog soon, one that I'm working on right now.


It's damn cold in maine, and I'm climbing mount katadin this weekend.



sam

No comments: